Series: Nerds #5
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Published by St Martin's Press on 7 February 2006
Reading Challenges: 2014 TBR Pile Reading Challenge
Mini Review Alert! Lots of things good things come in small packages like truffles, chocolate, vanilla slices, cookies and baklava. While you can’t eat this review, hopefully you will enjoy it.
This book is really really cheesy. Reasons why:
1. It reads like one long sex scene interspersed with a teeny tiny bit of plot
2. The heroine is a supermodel and closet geek who has invented a hovercraft in her spare time that runs on vegetable scraps because it is important to be green
3. Really weird neighbour with sex fetish who seems to think she has been abducted by aliens
4. Hero’s wearing motorcycle chaps becomes a huge focus for the novel
5. The villain is in plain sight with neon flashing lights highlighting them but our uber-intelligent hero and heroine are blithely unaware.
Vicki Lewis Thompson has written some highly entertaining novels with a great blend of humour and romance that have you giggling one minute and swooning the next. Unfortunately there isn’t one of them. I know I was supposed to be laughing at the hijinks Eve and Charlie got up to but it just didn’t work for me.
If you want a side order of cheese to go with your macaroni or are determined to read all of the Nerds series books then by all means dive in but otherwise, don’t bother.