Top Ten Tuesday is an original meme created by The Broke and the Bookish for list addicts. The only catch (and it’s a biggie) is that you are supposed to stick to ten things. This week’s list is…
Top Ten Books I’ve Read This Year (So Far)
As we’re now nearly half way through the year, it makes sense to take stock of everything and do some shout-outs for great novels. I tried to stick to books I had given five stars to but snuck in a few four stars. All these books have really strong characterisation, well constructed worlds and engaging plots so deserve a spot on your TBR pile if you are hunting around for a new read.
1. Bitter Spirits by Jenn Bennett (my review)
Sexy bootlegger with a freckle fetish meets mysterious medium. What more could you want?
3. Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare (my review)
I was lured in by the name of the heroine (Isolde Ophelia Goodnight) and stayed for the great tale.
4. How to Seduce a Vampire (Without Really Trying) by Kerrelyn Sparks (my review)
Cheesy at times PNR but it works oh so very well.
6. Ghost Seer by Robin D. Owens (my review)
Up-tight ex-accountant starts to make peace with the fact she can see ghosts.
7. Banishing the Dark by Jenn Bennett (my review)
Yep, she’s that good an author she appears on my list twice.
9. A Killing Notion by Melissa Bourbon (my review)
This magical dressmaking cozy mystery series is way cooler than it might initially sound.
10. A Study in Ashes by Emma Jane Holloway (my review)
The last in the Baskerville Affair trilogy was very satisfying and showed huge growth on the part of the heroine.
How did I go? Did I pick any of your favourites? I deliberately missed off a third Jenn Bennett book Grim Shadows because I thought that might look a little too much like obsession.