Top Ten Tuesday is an original meme created by The Broke and the Bookish for list addicts. The only catch (and it’s a biggie) is that you are supposed to stick to ten things. This week’s list is…
Top ten books to read if you like paranormal romances
I was going to be sensible and do something practical but then I realised that this was a perfect chance to geek out about some hot shifters and vamps. I know that many people might have already heard of Jeaniene Frost and J.R. Ward but you might not be familiar with Kate SeRine who writes about transplanted fairy tale characters or Jessica Sims who has focused on a supernatural dating agency. So without further ado, here is my list (in no particular order) of paranormal romances that will make you swoon, giggle and cry in equal doses. Yes, I am aware that there are 11 rather than 10 but I was so busy drooling that I lost count.
1. Red by Kate SeRine (my review)
Tess Little aka “Red” from Little Red Riding Hood falls for the sexy Reaper Nate Grimm.
2. Firelight by Kristen Callihan (my review)
Achingly beautiful Gothic romance with a woman that can set things on fire and a Byronic hero
3. Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Half vampire Cat Crawford joins forces with the very sexy vampire Bones. Yum.
4. How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf Molly Harper (my review)
Sweet romance between a werewolf and a human in the wilds of Alaska.
5. Sealed with a Curse by Cecy Robson (my review)
Saucy were-tiger Celia is courted by a werewolf and a vampire – not a cheesy as it sounds.
6. Bitten by Kelley Armstrong
Tortured romance between two werewolves.
7. Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward
The best of the series in my opinion as vampire warrior Zsadist finally gets his story.
8. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
A scholarly witch and a vampire seek a centuries old manuscript.
9. Vampire, Interrupted by Lynsay Sands
Well meaning but meddling Marguerite finally finds her long lost love Julius.
10. Vampire Mine by Kerrelyn Sparks
A vampire and a fallen angel – what could go wrong?
11. Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter by Jessica Sims (my review)
A female werewolf and male werebear paring.