Top Ten Tuesday is an original meme created by The Broke and the Bookish for list addicts. The only catch (and it’s a biggie) is that you are supposed to stick to ten things. This week’s list is…
Top Ten Covers I Would Frame as Works of Art
I am at a severe disadvantage here because I don’t tend to read YA and everyone knows they get the prettiest covers. Boo! Hiss! Instead, all I have to fall back on are gritty urban fantasies, sweeping romances, oddly clothed people in steampunk and the cutesy mystery covers. Nil desperandum.
I’m going to try and make it even harder for myself by only focussing on strong women rather than defaulting to the very easy option of male beefcake. I just realised that most of the women are holding weapons so I’m not sure what that says about me as a person…hmm.
1. A Study in Silks by Emma Jane Holloway
2. Trance by Kelly Meding
3. In a Fix by Linda Grimes
4. River Road by Suzanne Johnson
5. Moonglow by Kristen Callihan
6. Fury of the Demon by Diana Rowland
7. Alien Research by Gini Koch
8. The Shadow Reader by Sandy Williams
9. Delia’s Shadow by Jaime Lee Moyer
10. Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost