I only managed to blog about half the books I read for this challenge last year as RL intervened. This year, I’m being downright miserly with my overall count so that I have a chance to read and blog about all the books I’ve read. I’m going to attempt 20 books because a handshake seems so cold and everyone needs a hug, right?
I think I can, I think I can…
Deadline: 31 December
Read Total: 14 / 20
Reviewed Total: 14 / 20
Result: B+ for effort
1. The challenged will run from January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015. The sign up link will remain open until January 16, 2015 at 11:30am.
2. Anyone can enter! You don’t have to be a blogger, just as long as you review the book you’ve read. You can review on your book on your blog, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, etc.
3. Any genre, length, or format of book counts as long as it is a book that’s been sitting on your self for some time. Short stories and novellas do count! The only stipulations that the book must have been released in 2014 or earlier. No 2015 ARCs or 2015 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed.
4. On the 25th of every other month (see schedule below), we will post a wrap-up for the previous two months. These posts will be done by one our bloggers and will contain new linkys for you to add your own wrap-up posts. If you did not sign up by January 17, this is where you can sign up as well.
5. To help you tackle your TBR piles we will also be hosting Read-A-Longs on months that do not have wrap-ups. Voted on by challenge participants, Read-A-Longs will have two post dates: the first half of the book and the second half. Please note: You do not have to take part in our Read-A-Longs to participate in the TBR Pile Challenge. You can participate in all of them, some of them, or none of them. This aspect of the challenge is entirely optional.
6. There will be two giveaways – July and December. Giveaway details will be explained once the giveaway post goes up. We don’t want to overwhelm you with too many details now 🙂
7. You don’t have to follow Bookish to join the challenge, but you do have to follow us to be entered in the giveaways.
This is how many books you’re planning to read for this challenge in 2015.
1-10 – A Firm Handshake
11-20 – A Friendly Hug
21-30 – First Kiss
31-40 – Sweet Summer Fling
41-50 – Could this be love?
50+ – Married With Children
1. Say Yes to the Marquess by Tessa Dare
2. Bloom and Doom by Beverly Allen
3. Ghost Layer by Robin D. Owens
4. The Goodbye Witch by Heather Blake
5. Gunpowder Alchemy by Jeannie Lin
6. Crouching Tiger, Forbidden Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks
7. Dancing with Dragons by Lorenda Christensen
8. ‘Til Dragons Do Us Part by Lorenda Christensen
9. The Game Plan by R.L. Mathewson
10. The Grendel Affair by Lisa Shearin
11. Full Blooded by Amanda Carlson
12. Snow White Red-Handed by Maia Chance
13. Along Came a Duke by Elizabeth Boyle
14. And the Miss Ran Away with the Rake by Elizabeth Boyle