I’m starting to plan my reading challenges for next year – so nerdy. This challenge is being run exclusively by Bookish and you need to sign up for the challenge on their site if you want to be eligible for the prizes.
What attracts me to this challenge is the fact that I can only read books published in 2013 or earlier. I have quite a few that fit this criteria and being forced to read some oldies rather than the latest shinies will be good for cleaning out my Kobo.
Deadline: 31 December
Read Total: 50 / 50
Reviewed Total: 31 / 50
1. This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2014 – Dec 31, 2014.
2. Anyone can enter! You don’t have to be a blogger, as long as you review the book you’ve read! (On your blog, Amazon, Random Buzzers or Goodreads/Shelfari!)
3. Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that’s been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Short stories and novellas are OK, too! Only books released in 2013 and earlier! NO 2014 ARCs and 2014 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
4. You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
5. When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2014 TBRPILE Reading Challenge. (If you don’t have a blog, post about it on Facebook or Tweet!
6. You can move up levels, but no moving down.
7. Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2014, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
8. On the 20th of each month we will post a wrap-up post on BOOKISH. Every wrap-up will have it’s unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It’s open to INTERNATIONALS. The giveaway will be open until the next wrap up post goes up! (i.e. the entire month)
9. If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice – we will be checking ;
10. December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you’ll link up in December will be entered into a GRAND PRIZE giveaway
11. You don’t have to follow Bookish Blog to join the challenge, but you do have to follow us to be entered in giveaways!
This is how many books you’re planning to read for this challenge in 2014. I’m going to be conservative given I have the whole year to do this and I can move up if I need to.
1-10 – A Firm Handshake
11-20 – A Friendly Hug
21-30 – First Kiss
31-40 – Sweet Summer Fling
41-50 – Could this be love?
50+ – Married With Children
1. A Potion to Die For by Heather Blake
2. A Little Night Magic by Lucy March
3. A Study in Ashes by Emma Jane Holloway
4. How to Run With a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper
5. The Strangers on Montagu Street by Karen White
6. White Hot by Nina Bruhns
7. The Mane Attraction by Shelly Laurenston
8. Big Bad Beast by Shelly Laurenston
9. Wolf With Benefits by Shelly Laurenston
10. The Mane Squeeze by Shelly Laurenston
11. Negotiating Point by Adrienne Giordano
12. Nerd Gone Wild by Vicki Lewis Thompson
13. Once a Rake by Eileen Dreyer
14. Never a Gentleman by Eileen Dreyer
15. Always a Temptress by Eileen Dreyer
16. Chick With a Charm by Vicki Lewis Thompson
17. Blonde With a Wand by Vicki Lewis Thompson
18. Talk Nerdy to Me by Vicki Lewis Thompson
19. Because of You by Jessica Scott
20. Gone With the Nerd by Vicki Lewis Thompson
21. The Perfect Match by Kristan Higgins
22. Dead Right by Brenda Novak
23. I Dream of Genies by Judi Fennell
24. How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks
25. Hidden Sins by Selena Montgomery
26. Heart of Stone by Christine Warren
27. Bite Me, Your Grace by Brooklyn Ann
28. Mating Instinct by Katie Reus
29. Alpha Instinct by Katie Reus
30. Primal Possession by Katie Reus
31. Man Law by Adrienne Giordano
32. The Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole
33. A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
34. No Rest for the Wicked by Kresley Cole
35. Wicked Deeds on a Winter’s Night by Kresley Cole
36. Dark Needs at Night’s Edge by Kresley Cole
37. Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole
38. Kiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole
39. Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole
40. Demon From the Dark by Kresley Cole
41. Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole
42. Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison
43. Storm’s Heart by Thea Harrison
44. Serpent’s Kiss by Thea Harrison
45. Oracle’s Moon by Thea Harrison
46. Kinked by Thea Harrison
47. Coveted by Shawntelle Madison
48. Sleigh Bells in the Snow by Sarah Morgan
49. Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean
50. Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord by Sarah MacLean