COYER Summer Vacation will start on the first day of summer (in the Northern Hemisphere) and end the weekend after Labor Day. So that’s June 21st – September 5th! I’ve taken the liberty of calling this challenge Mid Year as it is now winter in Australia.
I decided to sign up for this because not only is my pile of TBR books getting out of hand, I normally don’t qualify. eReader books in Australia often sell for around $6-12 and the normal COYER limit is $5. Also, I totally need another challenge to work on as two just isn’t enough 🙂
- Must link up at either Fantasy is More Fun or Because Reading is Better than Real Life
- No book price restrictions
- Any format book
- Readathon books count towards the total as long as you review them
Here’s the schedule so you can start planning what you’ll read:
July 4th – 6th: Fun in the Sun!
Read books with the beach or ocean/lake/etc on the cover to get into a summer vacation mood!
July 11th – 13th: Fairy Tales with a Twist
Read fairy tale re-tellings and give those childhood favorites a twist!
July 25th – 27th: Christmas in July!
Read Holiday themed books.
August 1st – 3rd: New To Me!
Read/listen to books by authors and/or narrators you’ve NEVER read/listened to before.
August 8th – 10th: Scary Stories by the Campfire!
Read about ghosts, goblins, and any other horror/thriller that would make for a scary campfire tale!
August 15th -17th: Short and Sweet!
Fill your weekend not with Novels but with Novellas!
August 29th – September 1st: End of Summer!
Read books with a fall theme to usher in the new season!
- Jaguar Hunt by Terry Spear
- How To School Your Scoundrel by Juliana Gray
- Sparrow Hill Road by Seanan McGuire
- Guidebook to Murder by Lynn Cahoon
- Murder on Bamboo Lane by Naomi Hirahara
- Engaged in Murder by Nancy Parra
- A Dollhouse to Die For by Cate Price
- Ghost of a Gamble by Sue Ann Jaffarian