The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
I’ve been struck down and laid low by a vicious virus. I don’t want to act prematurely and commit myself just yet but I think there is a good chance that I will survive the flu 🙂 I was stuck in bed for the better part of four days which would have been way more boring if I hadn’t had books to read.
The new Kresley Cole book was an absolute delight and free of the misogynist behaviour that irritated me with some of the others in the series. Free Agent was a really fun read and definitely a series to keep an eye on for those who like fairytale style urban fantasy while you can’t go past Brooklyn Ann’s series for a ‘biting’ satire involving Regency vampires. Unfortunately, the last in the Kingsborough Ball trilogy by Sophie Barnes was a bit of a clanger. I enjoyed the first, thought the second was okay and this one I didn’t like at all. It was way too contemporary, way too silly and the heroine way too irritating. Kudos to Shannon Stacey though for giving us an ASD lead that really did deserve the title ‘hero’.
- Dark Skye by Kresley Cole ★★★★★
- Falling for Max by Shannon Stacey ★★★
- Free Agent by J.C. Nelson ★★★★
- Sleigh Bells in the Snow by Sarah Morgan ★★★
- Something Sweeter by Candis Terry ★★★★
- Viper’s Run by Stephanie Tyler ★
- Assaulted Pretzel by Laura Bradford
- Dark Skye by Kresley Cole
- Falling for Max by Shannon Stacey
- Free Agent by J.C. Nelson
- One Bite Per Night by Brooklyn Ann
- The Danger in Tempting an Earl by Sophie Barnes
Read It, Bead It