The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Unfortunately it was back to the grind this week with no public holidays to ease the pain. I managed 27 reviews in 30 days which w somehow managed to increase my to-be-reviewed pile rather than shorten it.
I’ve did my first mini review today for Man Law and I have mixed feelings about it. I have such a backlog that it makes sense to take this step but I feel a little bad for not being able to work up the energy to write a full review for every book I’ve read. Some books capture my attention because of the characterisation, plot or world building. Others because they are absolutely amazing or simply abysmal. Man Law doesn’t fall into any of these categories – it was a solid read but just didn’t get the fingers tapping away on the keyboard.
Only three more books to go and I have finished the Antique Roadshow Challenge. I just need a book featuring a character called Elizabeth or who is an empress, one set in the 1960s or that has a double front cover and a Mississippi setting or character from Mississippi. If all else fails, I’ll trot out Pride and Prejudice to get the first one.
- [28 Apr] Primal Possession by Katie Reus ★★★
- [29 Apr] How to Seduce a Vampire (Without Really Trying) by Kerrelyn Sparks ★★★★
- [30 Apr] Mating Instinct by Katie Reus ★★★
- [4 May] Coveted by Shawntelle Madison ★★
- [4 May] Man Law by Adrienne Giordano ★★★
- Coveted by Shawntelle Madison
- How to Lose a Duke in Ten Days by Laura Lee Guhrke
- How to Seduce a Vampire (Without Really Trying) by Kerrelyn Sparks
- Must Love Dukes by Elizabeth Michels
- What the Duke Desires by Sabrina Jeffries
- When the Duke was Wicked by Lorraine Heath
(I was really hoping to get all books this week featuring the word ‘duke’ but I couldn’t resist the latest Love at Stake novel and then I needed a werewolf one so I didn’t feel bad about reading so many vampire ones)
- Antique Reading Roadshow Challenge – read 17/20, reviewed 12/20
- TBR Pile Reading Challenge – read 29/40, reviewed 20/40