The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
Ashley over at Nosegraze challenged us to tidy up our tags and after a fortifying Easter egg (or
two three four), I decided to give it a whirl. I had over 200 tags which is pretty scary. My problem was that I tagged without thinking of the big picture. Here are a few examples of how I have simplified things:
– ‘Islands’ instead of Bali, Bahamas, Barbados and St Croix
– ‘Military’ instead of navy, air force, pararescuemen, army, special ops
– ‘Shapeshifters’ instead of werebears, wearcougars, weretigers, werecreatures, werepanthers. NB I’ve kept werewolves as a separate tag because they are such a big sub-genre.
I also took the drastic step of renaming all minor publishing houses and self-published ones to ‘Independent’. I had over twenty entries with just one post attached to it which is pretty inefficient. So, my challenge to you is to try to tidy up your Publishers list when you have finished your tags. It takes a while but is pretty cathartic.
- [14 Apr] Under Fire by Catherine Mann ★★★★
- [15 Apr] A Killing Notion by Melissa Bourbon ★★★★
- [16 Apr] The Strangers on Montagu Street by Karen White ★★
- [17 Apr] Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley ★★★★
- [18 Apr] Bite Me, Your Grace by Brooklyn Ann ★★★★
Books Read (Last Two Weeks)
- A Killing Notion by Melissa Bourbon
- Bite Me, Your Grace by Brooklyn Ann
- Ghost Seer by Robin D. Owens
- I Dream of Genies by Judi Fennell
- The Scandal in Kissing an Heir by Sophie Barnes
- Antique Reading Roadshow Challenge – read 10/20, reviewed 10/20
- TBR Pile Reading Challenge – read 26/40, reviewed 15/40