The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
I hope you all had a lovely break. I had a great Christmas and New Year. I managed to snag some sales on Boxing Day, beat a 7 year old at Yu-Gi-Oh! and made the 9 hour round trip to see some friends up north. All in all, this Christmas would have to rank as one of the best as it was pretty much fuss free.
I saw Frozen and was impressed. I haven’t seen Disney handle a movie without a strong romance since Mulan. Pixar of course dealt with mother-daughter relationships in Brave but seeing sibling dynamics was a nice change of pace. I loved the the way the ice was animated and got a good giggle out of Sven the reindeer and Olaf the snowman. I wish Disney had depicted Kristoff as Saami – they sort of got the clothing and the love of reindeer right so it would have made sense to do it properly.
- [8 Jan] Once She Was Tempted by Anne Barton ★★★
- [9 Jan] A Study in Ashes by Emma Jane Holloway ★★★★
- [10 Jan] The Misfortune Cookie by Laura Resnick ★★★
- [10 Jan] A Little Night Magic by Lucy March ★★
- A Little Night Magic by Lucy March
- How to Master Your Marquis by Juliana Gray
- How to Tame Your Duke by Juliana Gray
- The Strangers on Montagu Street by Karen White
- White Hot by Nina Bruhns
- Antique Roadshow Challenge – read 3 / 20, reviewed 1 / 20
- TBR Pile Reading Challenge – read 6 / 40, reviewed 3 / 40